Combo Handler Plugin¶
This plugin is only built if the configure option
is given at build time. Note that this plugin is built and installed in combination with the ESI module, since they share common code.
The arguments in the
plugin.config line in order represent
- The path that should triggers combo handler (defaults to “admin/v1/combo”)
- The name of the key used for signature verification (disabled by default)
A “-” can be supplied as a value for any of these arguments to request default value be applied.
Also, just like the original combohandler, this plugin generates URLs of
<dir> here defaults
l unless specified by the file path in the query parameter using
a colon. For example:
Will result in these three pages being fetched:
http://localhost/l/filepath1 http://localhost/dir1/filepath2 http://localhost/l/filepath3
Remap rules have to be specified to map the above URLs to desired content servers.
The plugin also supports a prefix parameter. Common parts of successive file paths can be extracted and specified separately using a ‘p’ query parameter. Successive file path parameters are appended to this prefix to create complete file paths. The prefix will remain active until changed or cleared (set to an empty string). For example, the query
results in these file paths being “reconstructed”:
/file1 /path1/file2 /path1/file3 /file4 /dir:path2/file5 /dir:path2/file6
Combohandler follows a few rules for the “Cache-Control” header:
- All requested documents must have “immutable” for the combo’d response to also have “immutable”.
- [Feature gated for 8.0 release] If one or more requested documents has “private” set, then the combo’d response will also have “private”. If no requested documents have a publicity setting, then the default is “public”.
- The “max-age” value will be set to the smallest of all the requested “max-age” values. If no documents has “max-age” set, then the default is 10 years.