The Traffic Server API adheres to the following naming conventions:
TSprefix is used for all function and variable names defined in the Traffic Server API. Examples:
- Enumerated values are always written in all uppercase letters.
- Constant values are all uppercase; enumerated values can be seen as a
subset of constants. Examples:
- The names of defined types are mixed-case. Examples:
- Function names are mixed-case. Examples:
- Function names use the following subject-verb naming style:
<subject>goes from general to specific. This makes it easier to determine what a function does by reading its name. For example: the function to retrieve the password field (the specific subject) from a URL (the general subject) is
- Common verbs like
Deleteare used only when appropriate.