Multiplexer is a remap plug-in that allows a request to be multiplexed one or more times and sent to different remap entries. Both headers and body (in case of POST or PUT methods, only) are copied into the new requests.
X-Multiplexer: originalheader into client’s request.
- Copies client’s request (bodies are copied by transforming the request)
Hostheader of the copy according to
pparamfrom the remap rule.
X-Multiplexer headerto “copy”.
- Sends the copied request with
Multiplexer dispatches the request in background without blocking the original request. Multiplexed responses are drained and discarded.
A global timeout can be overwritten through
multiplexer__timeout environment variable representing how many nanoseconds to wait. A default 1s timeout is hard-coded.
multiplexer tag for debugging purposes. While debugging, multiplexed requests and
responses are printed into the logs.
Multiplexer produces the following statistics consumed with
- failures: number of failed multiplexed requests
- hits: number of successful multiplexed requests
- requests: total number of multiplexed requests
- time(avg): average time taken between multiplexed requests and their responses
- timeouts: number of multiplexed requests which timed-out
- size(avg): average size of multiplexed responses
map http://www.example.com/a http://www.example.com/ @plugin=multiplexer.so @pparam=host1.example.com map http://www.example.com/b http://www.example.com/ @plugin=multiplexer.so @pparam=host2.example.com map http://www.example.com/c http://www.example.com/ @plugin=multiplexer.so @pparam=host1.example.com @pparam=host2.example.com
Parsing Chunk Encoded Data¶
Multiplexer parses chunked data with its own home brew parser. In the parser
size_ is the size of
a chunk to be consumed. The local variable / parameter
size is raw input size as read from an
TSIOBufferBlock. The “size states” are marked blue.
This should be moved to the Traffic Server documentation.